Thursday, November 1, 2007

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, things had been mild, but tonight as I approached that last set of stairs that lead me out of St. Andrew station and on to King St, I felt a little draft, shall we say. And by the time I was above ground, I was freezing. Time for a real jacket tomorrow! In the meantime, I'll leave it to Ms. Sharon Jones to keep things warm.

Here's the fantastic new video from Sharon and her group The Dap-Kings, for "100 Days, 100 Nights." I love the new record, especially "Tell Me," which is a little more soul and a little less funk (just my style). I'll miss them in Toronto but hope to catch them again in December in DC!

How old does this thing look?

5 comments:

WordSmith said...

LOVE Ms. Sharon and her Dap-Kings - and love how the video looks as authentically vintage as their audio sounds. Hope to tag along w/you to see them in December...

WordSmith said...

LOVE Ms. Sharon and her Dap-Kings - and love how the video looks as authentically vintage as their audio sounds. Hope to tag along w/you to see them in December...

Southerner in the Great White North said...

Indeed! The Daptone Soul Revue moves onward and onward...

Anne said...

yeah. that video's amazingly vintage. how cool is that. I wasn't familiar with Sharon... i am now.

joshuapoteat said...

i heard a great interview with sharon and one of her bandmates on FreshAir with Terry Gross. the bandmate said that playing with sharon is much more fun and challenging (and probably less dangerous) than playing with amy winehouse.