Thursday, January 24, 2008

yes, yes, yes!

Just back from another night at La Hacienda, this time with my friends K and S. S went with my recommendation (whiskey sour!), while K went with amaretto sours. The food was great as always, and this time they played Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra on vinyl (last time it was The Byrds). Love that place...

What else has been happening? I made my first trip to the US Consulate last week, for passport renewal (delayed from last year because of waiting for my Ontario driver's license). Pretty easy process for US citizens; visa-seekers have a looooong wait.

My basketball team got crushed again last night, but I actually had a really good game and made a bunch of baskets. I could tell the other team didn't think I was any good, so I got pretty motivated and scored a bunch of points before they picked someone good to guard me. Ah well.

We've had some SERIOUSLY cold days of late, but I managed to run outside on Saturday. It's snowed some this week, which is good--the city looks much better with snow in the wintertime. Otherwise it's a bit on the grey side.

Concert season has cranked back up, thankfully. I saw the Von Bondies last week, and earlier this week caught Editors and Hot Hot Heat. Editors are absolutely fantastic. Soon I'll see Bob Mould, as well as The Hives and The Donnas together.

Check out this clip from 60s legends the Sir Douglas Quintet, live on Hugh Hefner's old show!

No comments: